Venue Capacity | "Third Party" Policy | Helpful Links
Field trip groups have been visiting Morehead Planetarium and Science Center for more than 60 years. Morehead knows how to bring science to life, with exciting and inspiring planetarium shows, Science Stage programs and Discovery Classes.
Our programming aligns with North Carolina Essential Standards, ensuring that your field trip will enhance your classroom instruction. Our Guest Relations team works closely with you, so your field trip will be easy, fun and a great value.
Reservations are required for ALL groups of 10 or more people.
- Start your reservation by completing the online reservation form or request a form by email at email@example.com. For summer field trip requests (June 7-August 24), please fill out our Summer Field Trip Request Form instead.
- Provide as much information about your field trip requirements as you can on the form and send it to the Morehead Guest Relations team.
- Allow Morehead’s team to put together the best field-trip experience possible and to contact you at your convenience to discuss your options or to complete the reservation.
You are always welcome to call Morehead Guest Relations at 919-962-1236, but the fastest and most effective way to make a reservation for most trip planners will start with the online form.
|Recommendations for Your Field Trip|
Let Morehead recommend planetarium shows, Science Stage programs and Discovery Classes that pair well together.
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- High School Earth Sciences
- High School Physical Sciences
- First Program (planetarium show, Science Stage program or class):
Students, $5.25; Adults, $6.25.
- Multiple Program Discount:
Pay only $3 per person for each additional program on the same day.
All adults (including parents) should be counted in your group reservation numbers. Morehead Planetarium and Science Center cannot guarantee seating for adults for whom you have not reserved seats.
Seating is limited in our venues:
- 220 seats are available for planetarium shows.
- 75 seats are available for Science LIVE! demonstration shows.
- 30 seats per classroom are available for Discovery Class experiences. Two classrooms are available to accommodate a maximum of 60 students per hour.
|Important Information for Charter Operators and Other Third Parties|
When making field trip reservations, it is Morehead Planetarium and Science Center's policy to communicate directly with an official representative of the school or group visiting.
If a third party arranges a field trip visit, that third party will bear financial responsibility for the visit, and payment for the visit must be received by Morehead two weeks in advance of the visit. "Third party" is defined as a company or organization representative (such as a charter operator, travel agent, or other paid or unpaid trip planner) or other individual who is not a regular employee or official of the school or group.
- Online registration form
- Field trip brochure (PDF)
- 9 DOs and DON'Ts to make your field trip easier (PDF)
- FAQs by Chaperones (PDF)
- Lunch order form
- Gift Bag order form (downloadable PDF)
If you are unable to download PDFs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.